Monday, January 9, 2017

Saying Good-bye

What a crazy last week it has been. Crazy but good! The beginning of last week was mostly me just getting all my stuff packed and ready to go. We were pretty busy running around and saying goodbye to people. That's always the most difficult part- saying goodbye to those you love. I loved serving in Weston! I learned a lot while I was there and I grew in so many ways. I am so thankful for the people that I met- life changing people. I think that is one of my favorite things about serving a mission- is that I get to meet so many amazing and wonderful people. People that I can't imagine living the rest of my life without knowing. God definitely puts people in our paths for specific reasons. 

On Wednesday (Transfer Day) we took the new sisters to the mission home because they stayed with us the night before and then we took all the new missionaries into Boston to go contacting. It's always fun seeing how each group reacts to going. This group was a little reserved, but also really excited to be a real missionary outside of the MTC. We spent a majority of the day at the mission home helping out, waiting for my ride to come take me back to CT. They came and then we made the trek back to CT. 

It's been a fun transition! I am really loving this area. There are amazing people here and we are teaching a lot of people. We are also seeing so many miracles here. For instance, today on our way to come email we got a call from a random number. We answered the phone and it was a young man who was wondering what time our services are at. He and his mom are moving here from Texas this week and they want to come to the Mormon Church. How amazing is that! Heavenly Father is truly looking out for us. 

One scripture that has been on my mind this week is Mosiah 4:27. I think it is so applicable now that we are making resolutions and setting goals. If we are diligent, we will win the prize. This is a great promise that the Book of Mormon gives us. I have definitely gained a stronger testimony and appreciation for the Book of Mormon. It is true, I know it is. It has been a source of comfort and revelation in my life. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Stay warm with all the snow and the wicked cold temperatures back in Spokane! 

I love you! 

Love Sister Egan

Saying goodbye to Michael and Claudia and their family. I LOVE THEM!
Saying good-bye to the Tardiff's
Sister McVey and I
Apparently you can use a leave blower for the snow!
SNOW!
My favorite Senior Couple went home on Friday. I love them! 
So much snow! Sister McVey wasn't wearing tall boots, so I plowed the way to the door haha



No comments:

Post a Comment