Monday, September 28, 2015

5 Investigators in One Week!

Hello Everyone! 

Another week has come and gone! It's crazy to me that tomorrow I hit my 2 Month Mark! I feel like it was yesterday that I was giving my Farewell! I feel so blessed to be a missionary! I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and loves everyone of us. He is mindful of His children and wants each of us to succeed. This week I was able to really see God's hand in my life. First of all, we were able to get 5 new investigators! I am so happy that the work is finally starting to pick up in this struggling area. 

On Tuesday we had a really good lesson with our Less Active. She has been doing really well and has been coming to church again! We talked about the importance of paying tithing and also fasting. That went really well, and I think Laurie has a greater understanding of the importance of Tithing. Later that evening we went to the church to print off a couple things. There we found out that Elder Richard G. Scott passed


away. He is now reunited with his wife! He was an extraordinary man. He blessed the lives of so many people!

On Wednesday we had a lunch appointment with a woman in our ward. She is from Panama and has a really thick accent, so I sometimes have trouble understanding her. She had her family in town and they don't speak any english. So Sister Gelbach was interpreting and making the conversations go around. They fed us traditional food from Panama, and it was so good. It was this beef stew type thing. I'm not really sure what was in it, but it was good! Then we went to this woman's house and met with her and her two daughters. We had a really good lesson with them and got to know them a little more. They are seem really interested in the church and we were able to pick them up as 3 new investigators! 

On Thursday we had a lesson with one of our other investigators. This lesson was really good and McKelle's kids were able to sit in the lesson as well. They paid attention and asked a lot of questions. The spirit was really strong! I invited McKelle to be baptized. She said that she needs to learn more about baptism, but she is really open to the idea of baptism. It was good to get an idea of where McKelle stands and how we can better teach her. That night we were able to pick up two more investigators. They live down our street and we have been wanting to meet with them for a long time. They love God and have a quite a bit of exposure to the church. I am really excited to continue to meet with them!

On Friday we had our District Meeting! It was so fun to meet all the new members of our district! We did a lot of digital missionary work that afternoon and then that night we went to our dinner appointment. They ended up taking us to Olive Garden and then to a really cute ice cream shop! When we got home, I walked in the door and I saw a MOUSE scurry across the floor! AHHH! We tried to get rid of it, but it never came out from underneath our dryer. We have no idea where it went! So our mission this next week is to get rid of it! 

On Saturday we had the opportunity to have a booth set up at Avon Days. The Portable Visitors Center Sisters came and brought the Book Of Mormon Display. We had 93 copies of the Book of Mormon in various languages. We were able to talk to people about the temple that is being built and teach them more about our Church! It was an amazing opportunity! Later that evening we went to the church and watched the General Women's Broadcast! It was so good! It was everything I needed and more. It was a great preview to General Conference this upcoming week! My favorite part about the Broadcast was "God didn't design us to be sad". Our Heavenly Father wants us to be HAPPY! By truly following Christ and serving others is when we can find true happiness and joy! 

Thank you for all the prayers and love! I miss you all! 

Love, Sister Egan 
Saying good-by to Elder Dawson - he's going to Rhode Island







Avon Days















No comments:

Post a Comment