Monday, September 21, 2015

Staying in Avon

This week seemed to fly by! So many things were happening and we were staying really busy! On Friday we got Transfer Texts and Sister Barrett and I are both staying in Avon! I am really excited to be staying in this area and working with our ward members. 

This week we had exchanges with the Glastonbury Sisters. I went to Glastonbury with Sister Lind! She is awesome! She came out the transfer before me. Sister Lind is from Utah and she also played volleyball in high school! We get along really well and it was so fun to teach with her and meet some of the people they have been teaching in that area! 

A woman in our ward is really involved with the Senior Center her in Avon, so she asked Sister Barrett and I along with the Senior Couple at the temple site to come to the Senior Center to talk about the temple that is being built along as well as answer the questions they might have. One man kept talking about Joseph Smith. It was so funny! He would get up to throw something away and then as soon as he would sit down the first words he would utter would be, "Joseph Smith" in his old shaky voice. Later on Thursday we went to this woman's house and there a family was going to meet us do help this woman with Family History. We stayed for a really long time getting her set up with Family Search and entering names. I think they got a lot done! What a blessing Family History is! 

On Friday we had t-texts right after District Meeting! Everyone was so crazy and excited and I really had no idea what to expect! Big things are happening in the Hartford Zone! Like I said, I am staying, but I am sad to see some of the missionaries go! 

On Saturday we were able to go help out the Canton Elders with Sam Collins Day in Canton. It was like a little town fair thing and the Church had a booth set up. Sister Demuth (My MTC companion) was there and it was so fun to be with her! I had a lot of fun talking to people and answering questions about the temple! 

I feel so blessed to be able to serve where the Temple is being built! 

Thank you for all the prayers and support! I love you all!

Love, Sister Kellie Egan
My New Comforter

Sister Lind and I
Meet Bianca

At Sam Collins Day with the other missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment