Monday, September 14, 2015

Blessings of the Temple

Hello Everyone!
Another week in Avon has come and gone. It is amazing to me how quickly time flies! I feel like it was yesterday that I was writing home! This week was full of ups and downs. We had a really great week planned and everything... I mean everything seemed to cancel on us. This was pretty discouraging because we are working so hard! 

On Tuesday we had a lesson with Laurie, she is working on coming back to church. She really wants to work towards going back to the temple so we shared with her the "Blessings of the Temple" talk by President Monson. . So we have been meeting with Laurie for a while now. She really wants to go to the temple! She told us about the first time she saw the temple as a young girl. She was in Hawaii and she saw the Laie Temple. She really wanted to go inside, but then found out that you have to be a member. Eventually she found the missionaries and was baptized. As I was packing all my things for my mission I decided to bring a picture of the Laie Hawaii temple from our trip last year. I had no idea why I thought I should bring this picture. As Laurie was telling us how much the temple means to her, I finally realized why I brought the picture. I needed to give it to Laurie! I wrote a scripture on the back of the picture (John 14:27) and gave it to her. She was elated when I gave it to her. She was so happy and thankful! She told me she was going to hang it up on her wall! It was an amazing experience to know that I was directed to bring this picture. I didn’t know why at the time, but I was able to see God's hand in my life.  Laurie is awesome and I’m glad she shows such enthusiasm to go to the Temple
That night we had dinner at the Senior Missionary Couple’s house. The Elders came and it was so much fun to be together. The Elders eat SO much! It was crazy, I was getting sick, just watching them eat! 

On Wednesday we woke up especially early to drive to Return & Report in Weston (Right outside of Boston). I had been nervous about driving to Weston for a long time because the drivers in New England are crazy!! We made it safely! It was so good to see all my MTC buddies! Everyone seems to be adjusting well. I got so see Sister Demuth! I love her! She is serving in Weston. We had training and then lunch and then it was time to drive 2 hours home. New England is so pretty and I am so excited for Fall to come! The colors will be so beautiful!

This week for District Meeting I was in charge of Training. I felt so inadequate to be giving a training, because I have only been out for a month and I don't know anything haha. I think it went really well! I love my District so much! It is just so much fun being with other missionaries!

On Saturday we woke up really early so Sister Barrett could take the ACT! I was wondering what I was going to do during the 5 hours she was in the test. Luckily the Sister Training Leaders decided to pick me up! I got to be in a trio for the day! We taught a couple lessons and we were able to pick up a new investigator! After the lessons we went and participated in the East Hartford Community Clean-up! It was so much fun! I was raking leaves and it reminded me of all the years of raking leaves in the Catholic Charity Clean-up thing! Good Memories! 

Sunday was so good! I love church! We had a musical program during Sacrament Meeting. It was really uplifting and spiritual! The other meetings were really good too! We came home and then went to our dinner appointment. We had my favorite meal- Salmon. Of course the Sister gave me the largest piece of fish! Just my luck! 

I love you all! I am so thankful for all the support and prayers! It means so much! Thank you for all you do!

Love, Sister Kellie Egan

Happy Labor Day!

This random lawn decoration/ animal thing we found at Service

Reunited with Sister Demuth!!!

Jesus Love U!

​Service with Sister Miereles and Sister Lind.

No comments:

Post a Comment