Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Easter


What a week! This week was long, but so good. It was full of many miracles! 

On Wednesday we were on exchanges with the STL's. The Avon Sisters both came to Glastonbury to Blitz our Area. It went really well. I was with Sister Allen in the morning. It was fun to be back with my previous companion! And then we swapped at lunch and I was with Sister Lybbert. She is from Moses Lake and it turns out we actually know some of the same people! Small world! We were able to contact and visit a lot of Less Actives. It was really fun! I learned a lot from Sister Lybbert. She is a great missionary! You can tell how much she loves being a missionary by how she treats others around her. She is so Christlike! 

On Thursday we left at 9:30 to go do service for a couple here in Glastonbury. We got out to the car and Sister Ross called out to me, "Sister! Did you put all this stuff here?" I was so confused, so I walked up to the car and all our stuff from the console and glove compartment was all over our seats! Someone broke into our car! They only took our gas card, which was good. My GPS was still there- it is a blessing that they left that because we have no idea how to get anywhere! So we got everything sorted out with the mission and the gas card and such. Then we went to service. We were helping out with yard work and then we told Bill and Joyce what happened and they called the police for us. Then the police came and we had to talk to them. It turns out that we were one of 20 cars that got broken into that night. So after that fiasco we went to the Stake Center to have interviews with President Miller. During the time we were there we had training by the Zone Leaders and STL's. Interviews went really long and then we got stuck in Hartford traffic on the way home. We witnessed a pretty bad car crash. Wow, what a day! 

On Friday we had our District Meeting. I gave the training on recognizing the spirit. It went really well. I have been reflecting a lot on how close I feel to the spirit. As a missionary, I am able to be in this environment that allows me to feel the spirit. It is awesome! After District Meeting we helped Sister Steiner in our ward decorate for her annual Easter Party. 

On Saturday we were so busy! So many great things happened! We had a member lesson in the morning and then we went to Sister Steiner's Easter party. That was a lot of fun! There were a lot of nonmembers so we were able to talk with them. Then we went to stop by our Media Referral, April. She ordered a Book of Mormon! So we went and delivered that. She invited us in and we were able to teach her more about it. April is from Ghana. She is SO excited to learn more! It was amazing to feel the spirit in her home as we testified of the truthfulness of our message. She is searching for the truth and wants our help to find it. So April is one of our new investigators! That night we went to the General Women's Broadcast. That was awesome! I loved the focus on service. Sister Ross and I were just talking about how we need to work on being more service oriented. So it was perfect! 

Sunday was great! We had a wonderful Easter! Earlier this week we tried getting in contact with some former investigators. Juli lost contact with the church and when we called her, she invited herself to church! Miracle! So she brought her and her daughter to church! Church went really well and we think that Juli really liked it. Sister Ross and I taught Gospel Principles. The lesson was on obedience. It went really well! I just love church! We have a great ward here! 

It was a wonderful Easter. I am so grateful for this holiday! That we get to celebrate and remember the resurrection of our Savior. The Atonement and Resurrection of our Savior is an amazing thing. We could not do anything without it. I am grateful that He knows what I am going through. He has felt it all. It is an amazing thing. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! 

I am looking forward to General Conference this week! It feels like I was just watching conference! So exciting! 

Thank you for all the love and support! 

Love, Sister Egan

A lot of car pics
Happy Easter

Hartford Traffic
Transfers with Sister Lybbert (from Moses Lake, WA)
Yard Work
Fortress at Bill and Joyce's 

No comments:

Post a Comment