Monday, March 14, 2016

Glastonbury, CT

Hello everyone! 

I can't believe another week has come and gone! It has been a very busy week! On Monday and Tuesday I was working on getting everything together and packed to come to Glastonbury. On Tuesday Sister O'keeffe and I said goodbye to Kristen- who was one of our physical investigators when we were in Framingham. This woman is absolutely incredible. I love her so much! She taught me a lot! She is going to be baptized in a couple months! She is so faithful and loves the gospel so much. It was so great to see her love for learning more about the Book of Mormon and other principles of the gospel. 

On Wednesday Sister Holt and I managed to pack all our stuff in our little car to go down to Norwich to transfer. Without transfer meetings, it has been interesting figuring out how we are to get to our new areas. We finally figured everything out, and long story short- Sister Holt and I ended up road tripping to Connecticut. We had way too much fun in the car. We discussed everything we learned that transfer. Wow. We both learned so much. I think I have grown as a person in the last 6 weeks. And I am really grateful for the trials and the hard times that have made me stronger. We made it to CT and then Sister Ross and I made the trip back to Glastonbury. I love it here! It is awesome! The people are great! On Wednesday night we went to the weekly Book of Mormon class that we do. It was really fun!

On Thursday we did a lot of planning and organizing. But that evening we had dinner with an awesome family and then went to a lesson with our Recent Convert. Gene was baptized 2 weeks ago. He is awesome! On Friday we went to our District Meeting. We have an awesome district. Everyone thinks it's so funny that I'm back in the same zone. Honestly, it's good to be back! I love Hartford! After District Meeting, we had a couple member lessons. I honestly feel so blessed to be here. We had a lesson with our other Recent Covert that also got baptized a couple weeks ago. Rayshun is super cool! We talked about the new Easter Initiative that the church has put out. 

On Saturday we had an 8 year old baptism so we filled up the font for that. The baptism was really good! After we went tracting for a bit before our dinner appointment. I learned that it is best to follow the spirit when you do this. I was getting a little nervous for some reason. And then I went to give this person a pass along card and said, "Here is a video with a link to a Christmas Video..." Obviously I meant to say, "Here is a card with a link to an Easter Video..." It was hilarious. He took the card, probably because he felt bad for me and my loss of words. But you never know! So note to self: always rely on the spirit. Don't get nervous, and just go with it. Most importantly- embrace the awkward. On Saturday and Sunday we were able to go to Stake Conference. Elder Dunnigan from the Seventy was there. It was a really neat experience! And it was fun to see all my friends from Avon. I missed them! They were all confused to see me there! I think I am the only missionary that went to the Fall session and Spring session of Stake Conference in the Hartford Stake. I love Hartford!

Thank you all for the love and support. I feel so blessed! I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Love, Sister Egan
 Our stuff outside the car

 Is it going to fit?.... dont' worry, it all fit!
Road Trip!
New Companion - Sister Ross!
                                                                                 Sistah Lunch


                                                                         View from our Apartment

 Happy Pi Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment