Monday, March 7, 2016

MA to CT

What a week! This week went by so fast and a lot of crazy things happened! 

So I will start with the title of this email... I am getting transferred! I am going to Glastonbury, CT, which is right outside of Hartford. I am really excited to go back to the Hartford Zone! Hartford is the best! My new companion is awesome! Her name is Sister Ross- and I was lucky enough to go on exchanges with her when I was in Avon. I am excited and a little nervous for this next adventure.

So on Monday we went to Boston with Sister Holt and Sister Vollmer. Wow, I love this city. We had so much fun! We weren't able to stay that long, but we had fun looking around and taking pictures together. 

On Tuesday we had our weekly Webex. The training was really good- they talked about referrals and how we need to be really proactive with them, especially since the new Easter initiative for the church is coming out soon. I was able to watch the video this week and it is so good! It is similar to the Christmas "A Savior is Born". It is about Finding a new life through Christ. It will be available to the public on March 13th! After Webex, President Miller pulled Sister O'keeffe and I aside to have a meeting with him and the AP's. The meeting didn't last very long, but he informed us that the digital mission would be shut down at the end of this transfer. It has officially been passed off to Salt Lake, so Sister O'keeffe and I were the last digital missionaries here in the MBM. Initially we thought that we would stay here and serve in the Framingham ward with the elders, but President then said that we should expect to get moved... in other words he told us we were leaving. So on Tuesday we found out that we would both be leaving, so that was a little odd throughout the week to know that this would be the end, but not know where we were going. We got direction to pass off all our digital investigators to the local missionaries and the clear out our computers so they can be used for other purposes.

On Friday we had our Zone meeting. We talked about being Bold when it comes to teaching Repentance. Repentance is so important and we will always have to repent, so it's important to be bold and loving when teaching about it.We also talked about becoming a Preach My Gospel Missionary, and how important it is to follow the guidelines in that book and rely on the spirit. It was a great Zone Meeting! After Zone Meeting finished we got Transfer Texts. But Sister O'keeffe and my names never showed up... they forgot about us. After a few moments of panick, the text with our names came through. So like I said, I'm going to Glastonbury. And Sister O'keeffe is going to Worcester for her last transfer.

Saturday we had the special opportunity to go serve at the temple. We got to help with the Laundry for a few hours. Wow, these washing machines were incredible. They were huge! It was great to be in the temple and feel the spirit that is there. We ate lunch in the Cafeteria and I was able to see a lot of missionaries that were bringing their recent converts to to baptisms for the dead. It was a really neat experience. 

It was sad to say goodbye to everyone at church yesterday. This was is amazing and really supportive. Who knows, I might end up back here in Framingham! 

I am excited for this new experience and change. Everything happens for a reason! I am excited to go back "home" to Hartford!

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Egan



Sister Holt and I bought the same shirt... our where's Waldo shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment