Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

Hello Everyone!

This week absolutely FLEW by! It feels like yesterday that I was emailing! 

On Tuesday we woke up to SNOW! It was only a couple inches, so that was nice. Everyone says we are going to get hit hard this Winter, so we will see what happens! 

This week we did a lot of stop by's and visited with a lot of members. It was pretty fun! We also did a lot of Digital Missionary work. We skyped a couple people and we talked to a lot of new people via google+. It has been a lot of fun doing digital missionary work and being able to skype with people from around the world. 

We had to be inside at 6 on New Year's Eve, so Sister Allen and I had a good time coloring to finish 2015 strong. As this new year has begun I have pondered on what goals and resolutions I want to make for 2016. I will be on my mission for this entire year, and I am so excited. This year is going to be great. 

The YW President in our ward asked if Sister Allen and I could teach on Sunday on goals and all the different choices that we have to make in our youth. And then I had this flashback to 2014.  I remember my Senior year, right as 2014 was starting. Jessica and I were both in YW and we were sitting in the back. My mom was giving a lesson on Goals and New Years Resolutions. It was really good and inspiring. It must have really inspired Jessica because she leaned over to me and in a whisper she asked if I wanted to do a 1/2 marathon with her. I thought she was completely crazy... but sure enough I did that 1/2 marathon. I admit that I could have done a better job training to make it a more positive experience, but I finished it. All 13.1 miles. We can relate this back to our own lives. Right now we can choose if we train or not. If we train by making good decisions and by working our way towards salvation we will be able to cross that finish line someday and stand at the judgment bar in front of Heavenly Father and our Savior proudly. Because we will have worked had and trained, we will be able to say that we did our best and did all we could. Looking back, the 1/2 Marathon I ran was not a positive experience. There are a lot of things I wish I would have done differently. I don't want to look back on this life with that same perspective. I want to be able to reflect and look back saying I did ALL I could to become like my Savior. I did all I could to return to live with my Heavenly Father.

I encourage you all as you are making goals and resolutions, to ask yourself how and what you can do in 2016 to strive to BECOME like the Savior. 


Thank you for all you do for me! I am loving being a missionary! It is the greatest thing! 

I love you all!

Love, Sister Kellie Egan



It Snowed!
Sorry, Mom, I wasn't wearing my coat!


The Lake by our house froze over and we needed a picture

GIANT dog
Eating Dragon Fruit!
Teddy Loves Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment