Monday, January 11, 2016

A Busy Week!

Wow, what a week. I feel like this week I was drinking out of a fire hose. I got some water, but it mostly just hurt. I don't even know where to begin. On Wednesday we headed up to Boston for MLC. This was a great meeting. The spirit was really strong and we were able to discuss the mission and how we can become more consecrated missionaries. There is always something more to be done and always something we can work on. But I kept thinking of something my Dad told me last week. You cannot coast uphill. The journey will be difficult. Missions are difficult and the ride is mostly uphill. There is no way that we can coast uphill, instead we will have to stretch ourselves and push ourselves along the way. And through that process we will become more like our Savior. 

On Thursday we had interviews with President Miller. He is an amazing Mission President. I am so thankful that I have the chance to work with him and learn from him. We spent most of the day at interviews, and then that night we finished planning our Zone Meeting.

Friday was quite the day. We went to Zone Meeting in the Morning and it was so good. The Spirit was really strong. We talked about Unwearyiness and our motivation for serving a mission. We also discussed the different changes that will be taking place in the mission. And then we talked about goals for the Hartford Zone for 2016. We discussed the culture of the Zone and how we can make it "A City Upon A Hill". We have a temple that is being built and we KNOW that there are souls that are prepared to hear the message of the restored gospel. 2016 is going to be a great year. I am so excited that I get to spend the entirety of this year serving the Lord. Anyways after Zone meeting we all went into Hartford for the PVC tour. We met some pretty awesome people. I saw this old man walking on the street with his cane. Sister Allen and I ran across the street and we started talking to him. He was wearing a baseball cap from Alaska... which happened to be the same hat I bought when I was in Alaska 2 years ago. So we talked about Alaska and then I asked him if he goes on daily walks around the neighborhood. He said he was supposed to but didn't. So then we took the initiative and took him for a walk around the chapel and showed him the different displays about the church. He said that he looked into the Mormon church when he was a young man. I think he is ready. He loved what we talked about. I love being a missionary!

On Saturday morning we had an amazing lesson with the Pescatello's. They are great! We mainly just answered their questions because they are practically LDS. They own a house in Orem and their daughter is baptized and goes to BYU. They came to church on Sunday and it was a perfect Sacrament Meeting for them. All the speakers spoke on finding joy and peace in their lives, even when things get difficult. It was a great meeting.

I love you all. Thank you for all the love and support! I hope everyone has a great week!

Love, Sister Kellie Egan

I love my boy Preston!

No comments:

Post a Comment