Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Miracles!

Is it already December 21st? Wow! Time flies! This week was crazy! There was so much going on! It was also kind of a hard week for me. "Killing" Sister Zickella was difficult. She is one of my best friends and I have learned SO much from her over the last 6 weeks. It was hard to say goodbye! She was a fabulous missionary and touched the lives of so many people, including myself. 

But the good news is- Sister Allen is here in Avon! She is awesome! I love her! We are going to have so much fun together! She has been out for a year and is an awesome missionary. The ward already loves her.

On Wednesday we headed out to Weston, Mass. for transfer meeting. I really do enjoy transfer meeting, but because I knew a lot of the departing missionaries, my eyes were full of tears as they gave their departing testimonies. They are all spiritual giants! I really hope that I can become a missionary like them! We had a late night- the 2 hour drive home to Avon seemed a little longer than usual, but Sister Allen and I had a great time getting to know each other! 

On Thursday we had to go to our District Meeting and then we were swamped with different appointments we had to go to. The Zone Leaders called and asked if we could meet with them to go over different things for the zone. Sister Allen and I need all the help and direction we can get after being called as STL's. (Sister Training Leaders). This new call will be busy... but I am also really excited for it! I am excited to work more closely with the zone. So we met with the ZL's and figured a couple things out- the meeting really made me feel a lot better about a lot of things. So the next day we drove with the ZL's to another District Meeting in the Zone so we can get to know everybody. The Zone Leaders challenged us that day to find 1 new investigator.... So we tried! We talked to EVERYONE! We stopped our car and went and talked to random people on the street... and nothing. That night we got home and I was a little sad that nothing really happened despite our efforts.

On Saturday the Zone Leaders challenged us once more to find a new investigator. We were planning on doing everything we could to find that new investigator! So we went over to a couple's house- They also have a house in Orem and their daughter is baptized and attends BYU. I had heard about this couple but hadn't met them yet... We stopped by with a little Christmas gift. They happily invited us in and said that they were just talking about the church and missionaries and not even a minute later we knocked on the door. Talk about the Lord's timing! We talked and discussed their concerns and we set up a return appointment- picking up 2 new investigators! 

After that appointment we stopped by a part member less active family that I hadn't met yet. They invited us in and you could tell they wanted us to leave. But we kept talking and we asked if there was anything we could help them with... They needed help putting of the Christmas Tree. So we helped set up and decorate the tree while listening to Christmas music. And then they offered to feed us dinner. We had a really nice time with them. The spirit in their home completely changed from the time we got there and they weren't very welcoming, to a warm spirit. It was truly a Christmas miracle.

That night we stopped by another couple's house to drop by a Christmas gift. We came across this couple a few weeks ago. We had given them a Book of Mormon a couple weeks ago and Saturday night we just wanted to stop by to see how they were doing. They welcomed us in and we had a very long discussion and they invited us to come again. We left with huge smiles on our faces. 2 new investigators. Making it a total of 4 new investigators in one day. Talk about Miracles. 

I am so thankful for this Christmas Season. It is a wonderful time of year to take a step back and to remember our Savior and all he has done for us. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that her loves each a every one of us. I know that he has suffered for me individually and that He has made it possible to return and live with my Heavenly Father again someday. I love this gospel. It has brought me true happiness! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! I am so excited to skype my family! Iove you all!

Love, Sister Kellie Egan










Saying good-bye to Sister Zickella.

Mom made these adorable stocking for Sister Zickella and I.


New companion - Sister Allen!

No comments:

Post a Comment