Monday, August 24, 2015

The Week Flew By!

This week flew by! I can't even believe it's Monday! So last Monday we went to the stake center and played basketball and volleyball. One of the sisters in my zone played volleyball in high school and it was so much fun to play with her! That night we went over to a new family's house for dinner. They just moved here from Colorado. They are such a sweet family. I have found that I connect well with the 3 year olds. Maybe it's because I miss the Riplets so much! On Tuesday we went to our weekly service. We volunteer at this place Gifts of Love. It is an awesome place that people can come in and get food and clothes for their family, and we get to help them pick out different things. While we were there on Tuesday the weirdest thing happened. This woman walked in and came straight over to Sister Barrett and I. She looked very closely at my name tag and said, "I'm reading the Book of Mormon". We were so surprised and we perked up immediately. She is reading the BOOK OF MORMON!!! She had a lot of questions and we were able to answer them and teach her a little bit more about what we believe. She asked for another copy of the Book of Mormon, which we gladly gave to her. We got her contact information and I am looking forward to stopping by and checking up on her! 

On Wednesday we decided that we needed to make brownies for this less active gal in our ward. We made them from scratch and let me tell you.... they were awful. We messed up so badly! So gross. We were so embarrassed to bring them to anyone, so we threw them away and went to visit this lady anyways. We had a great lesson with her and invited her to the Relief Society activity the next day. 

On Friday we had a lesson with our recent convert Gloria. We have been teaching her son Eoin, but he is really on and off and he didn't want to be apart of the lesson this week. But Gloria did invite her friend John over for our lesson. John is a minister at his church, but is always interested in learning more about religion. We quickly ditched the lesson plan we had for teaching Eion and decided to teach about the Restoration. Before we got started Gloria had asked me to share how I decided to come on a mission. So I shared with her my story and how I came to know that I was supposed to serve a mission. She thought it was amazing and I know that John felt the spirit in our lesson that night. What an amazing experience. We walked out of that lesson so happy and excited to teach him more!

Saturday was interesting to say the least. Everything we planned fell through and I felt like things couldn't get any better. It was just a tough day. Sister Barrett and I decided that we needed a scripture to live by. I encourage you all to read D&C 58:3-4. It is a great scripture that has really helped me this past week. I know that there is a great work to be done in this area! I am so happy to be here. I love my Savior. I love this work. I love you all!

Love, Sister Kellie Egan
Our Car :)

Elder Nixon (BYU Basketball Player), Sister Barrett, and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment