Monday, August 8, 2016

Know and Feel

Hello Everyone! 

It has been a few weeks! I hope everyone is doing well! 

Life here is good! We are staying busy, which is always nice! Covering 2 wards and also the PVC is keeping us on our toes! 

This week was really good! On Wednesday we went to MLC. We had trainings from President and Sister Miller and also the Assistants. It was really good!  The spirit was there and it was also a lot of fun to be with some of my other friends throughout the mission. It was cool because a few months ago, President Miller issued a standard of excellence for the mission. It is 1 baptism per week per zone. Now, this isn't always possible, but it is something good to aim toward. When we reported on Wednesday, 7/10 zones accomplished this goal. The MBM is doing great right now! There are so many things happening here in New England and I feel so privileged to be apart of them. 

On Thursday we went to GLASTONBURY!!!!!! We had an event there and it was awesome! A member in the ward planned a day camp for all the Activity Day girls. They had a day dedicated to temples to get them all ready for the Hartford temple coming in a couple months! So we brought our displays on temples! We watched some videos with the girls and it was so much fun! I really just loved being back. I have a special place in my heart for that ward! 

On Friday we had Zone Meeting! Sister Demuth and I, along with the Zone Leaders gave a training on the Sabbath Day and how important it is for our investigators to get to church. Church attendance really does make a difference. As I was studying and preparing for this training I felt inspired to read 3 Nephi 18- when Christ institutes the Sacrament. I have read this chapter many times, but this time a verse in particular stuck out to me. 3 Nephi 18:25 

 25 And ye see that I have commanded that none of you should go away, but rather have commanded that ye should come unto me, that ye might feel and see; even so shall ye do unto the world; and whosoever breaketh this commandment suffereth himself to be led into temptation.

I thought that this was very interesting. That Christ would use these words to describe the Sacrament. So I then followed the footnotes and went to 3 Nephi 11: 14-15

14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.
 15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.
The Nephites were able to see and feel the Savior. When we partake of the Sacrament each sunday, it is our time to "feel and see". We are blessed with this time each week to reflect on our own lives and to renew our covenant with Heavenly Father. In the scripture it says that those that were able to "see and feel" the Savior did know for a surety that He was the Son of God. Can this blessing apply to our lives? Of course. When we partake of the Sacrament we can KNOW the Savior. 

We also had the opportunity to do service at the Temple on Saturday. We were able to help in the Laundry. I love being in the temple. The spirit is so strong, even when you are doing laundry. Sister Demuth and I are going to the temple again on Wednesday for a session. I am really excited!

I am loving life right now! I am so thankful for this opportunity to be a missionary! I learn something new each day. It blows my mind that I have been gone for over a year. It feels like yesterday that I was saying goodbye. Time flies! I love this church. I love that I get to wear a nametag that clearly states that I am a representative of Jesus Christ. 

I hope you all have the chance to reflect on your own sacrament meeting mindset. Are you taking the time to "feel and see" the Savior?

I love you all! I hope you have a great week! 

Love, Sister Egan





Sister Demuth and I.  Awesome!
Zone Family
Temple
New Nametag.
Our Van . . . aka the Spaceship
One Year Mark
Celebrating One Year
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment