Monday, August 22, 2016

Exchanges

Hello Everyone! 

Another week has come and gone! It's amazing how fast the time is going. I cannot believe that it is already the end of August. Where has this summer gone? Sister Demuth and I had a little freak out moment yesterday when we realized that the leaves are already starting to change colors. Time for another New England Fall! I am looking forward to all the colors again! 

We were really busy this week! On Wednesday we had Zone Conference in Cambridge! A few months ago I had to drive into Cambridge for the first time in a small car. It is a completely different story driving our "spaceship"! This was my first time driving in Cambridge/Boston in our van and it was crazy! The roads are really narrow and there is a lot of traffic. But we made it! Zone Conference was great! Very spiritual and I learned a lot! We had a discussion on the life of Abinadi. Very Powerful. Abinadi was a great missionary and we can all learn from his example. In preparation for Zone Conference I read a talk by Elder Hales called, "Christian Courage". Abinadi is a perfect example of Christian Courage. Abinadi continued to turn outwards when everyone and everything was against him. He handled his situation the way the Savior would have. As a missionary it is so important to remember that we wear a tag that bears HIS name. Everywhere we go and everything we do reflects our Savior. So it was great to discuss so many aspects of Abinadi's life and how we can all strive to follow his example of faithfulness and steadfastness. 

On Thursday we drove down to Willimantic, CT for a street festival! It was a lot of fun! Beforehand we got dinner at this hole in the wall mexican place. And I got a Cow Tongue Taco. So last week it was octopus and this week it was tongue... Definitely not my favorite haha. But it is always fun to try new foods! We had a lot of fun contacting people at the Street Festival. We talked a lot about the Hartford Temple open house that starts next month! So it was great way to introduce and invite them to the Open House! 

On Friday we had a crazy day! Everything went wrong and all our plans changed but we were able to get everything figured out in the end. 

We had a couple events on Saturday and we weren't able to go to both places at once, so we decided to go on exchanges! Sister Torres came with me to Southington, Ct for a baptism and Sister Pegram went with Sister Demuth to Brewster. The baptism went great! And then after the baptism Sister Torres and I decided to drive by the Temple! She had never seen it before and I wanted to see how far it has come since I last saw it in April. It's amazing. I love the temple. I feel so blessed have been able to serve in that area where a house of the Lord is being built. 

So all in all, this week was great! I am loving life! I love being a missionary and I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve the Lord here in The Massachusetts Boston Mission. I cannot imagine serving anywhere else. I love it here! 

I love you all! I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Love, Sister Egan

Cow Tongue Tacos

Me trying the taco! 
Street Festival in Willimantic, CT
 Hartford Temple
Sister Torres and I


No comments:

Post a Comment