Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Baptism

First of all- Thank you for all the Birthday wishes this week! I felt so loved and I had a great day! 

This week was awesome! We were really busy and we saw a lot of miracles! 

I will just focus on the last half of the week. So on thursday everything cancelled on us but that evening we were able to pick up a new investigator. Sister Owens and I taught Sharon the Restoration. The spirit was really strong and it was a powerful lesson! 

On Friday it was my birthday so after District Meeting I got to blow out candles because my District Leader made me a cake! It was so nice of him! So then we went and visited one of the Less Actives in our ward that we visit regularly. Then we went and dropped off cookies to a couple peoples houses. One of them was SiSi. She is great! She is actually a former investigator and knows a lot about the church. She has been to church many times and she has been to a fireside. She is going through a really difficult time in her life right now. Her mother is in the hospital and they don't think that she is going to make it. It's really sad! We have been talking to her about how she can find peace in this life- especially through prayer. Somehow we got on the topic of birthdays and it turns out that I have the same birthday as her late father and Sister Owens has the same birthday as her mom..... coincidence, I think NOT! SiSi was blown away! She thought it was the greatest thing ever! Then Bishop took us out to dinner for my birthday. We went to Texas Roadhouse! This was my first time going there and it was so yummy! So I had a great birthday! Thanks again for all the love and support! 

SATURDAY WAS AWESOME! We had Gwen's baptism in the morning. It was great! The Spirit was so strong! Her mom gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and it was so great! I felt so happy through the whole thing! After the baptism we went to the temple so our recent convert (Alexis) could do baptisms. That was so fun! The member that drove us took the scenic route home so we could see some of the fun things. She showed us a great view of the Boston Skyline! And then we drove through Lexington and Concord which was so fun! I just love being in New England so close to so much history! 

So we had a great week! Life is good! Thank you for all you do! I hope you have a wonderful week! 

Love, Sister Egan


Birthday Dinner

Texas Roadhouse
GWEN
Boston Skyline
 Hartford!!! We went to go cherry picking this morning and it was closed. But we got this awesome view of Hartford! 
20 Candles











No comments:

Post a Comment