Monday, June 6, 2016

1,100 Miles

Hello Everyone! 

This week was awesome!! We were so busy and we saw so many miracles! 

On Tuesday it was the last day of the month. And each month we get 1100 miles. We had 40 miles left for the day and we had to go to South Windsor that night which is pretty far from us. We didn't know if we would be able to make it! In the morning we helped Sister Rivers clean more of her cabinets in her kitchen. The fumes of the heavy duty spray we were using were insane. I thought I was going to pass out! But we made it! We cleaned off the grease on her Fridge and she was the happiest I had ever seen her. She was so happy to have a clean fridge! We didn't have much plans for the rest of the day- we did need to stop by some of our Recent Converts so we parked in a central location and walked a bit. Then we parked near our dinner/evening appointment and walked and knocked there. We were freaking out because we didn't know if we would stay under miles this month even though we have been trying so hard to! So we got home and looked at the odometer. 1100 miles EVEN!!!!! BLESSINGS!

But I think the greatest part of that night was our lesson with The Giard Family. We taught the Plan of Salvation and it was amazing. The spirit was so strong! We looked over at Gwen and she was crying. She was crying because she wants to get baptized so badly! So we asked her what day she wanted to get baptized. She is getting baptized June 25th! We are so happy for her! Will is coming along. The Plan of Salvation answered a lot of the questions he had, so we are looking forward to teaching him more! 

On Wednesday we helped at a Blood Drive for a majority of the day. Then we came home and had apartment inspections. The senior couple said we live in the nicest apartment in the mission.... which is totally true. I feel so blessed to live there! 

On Thursday we went and did service for Bill and Joyce. I love them so much! Then we went with Sister Steiner to the temple. I love the temple! It was so peaceful there! The Boston Temple is beautiful. It was a fun little trip! We got lost on the way home.... luckily we got lost in Framingham. So I knew my way around and I was able to get us back on the Mass Pike. When we got home we went and got pizza at a little place in downtown Glastonbury because after a certain time pizza by the slice is 1/2 off. Super fun! 

On Friday we had zone meeting. It was really good. We talked about teaching people to pray and helping them feel comfortable praying aloud. It was a good training. Then we got Transfer Texts! Sister Ross is going to Madison, CT (I totally called this over a week ago)! And my new companion is Sister Owens. I haven't met her yet, but I am super excited to have her here in Gbury! She has been out for 3 months! The rest of the weekend we spent saying goodbye to people! I am really going to miss Sister Ross. She is a great missionary! I have learned a lot from her! 

Thanks for all the love and support! I hope everyone is doing well! 

Love Sister Egan

Temple
                                         Mama Paine. We finally convinced her to take a picture with us! 
 ok.... maybe not 1100 even. But close enough in my book
PIZZA!

No comments:

Post a Comment