Monday, November 2, 2015

Staying in Avon!

Hello Everyone! 

This week was so good! We were so busy!

On Tuesday night we went on exchanges and Sister Lind came to Avon! On Wednesday we had a lesson planned with Mikele and she cancelled last minute. So I decided we should go visit a Less Active member that I hadn't met yet. We got there in the pouring rain and Iris quickly let us in. I have so much love for this woman. As we were talking with her, she bore her soul. She told us that she had been praying and praying that Heavenly Father would show His love to her. Iris was so happy to see us and she knew that we were an answer to her prayers. We talked with her for a while and got to know her. She has a lot of health problems, but is the sweetest woman. As she was crying to us, tears filled my eyes. She should not have to be going through some of the things she is and my heart just hurt. Sister Lind and I read Helaman 5:12 with her. This is my favorite scripture! We talked about the importance of building a foundation in Jesus Christ. We invited Iris to come back to church. 

Later that day we went to interviews with President Miller. They took a lot longer than we had planned and we had to cancel our dinner appointment, but we ended up going to Red Robin as a district! It was so much fun! I love my district! On Thursday we taught Mikele. She is awesome and she is really progressing! 

On Friday we got T-Texts to find out where everyone is being transferred to. Sister Barrett is leaving me! I am going to miss her so much! She has taught me so much! She is heading to Marlborough, Mass to be apart of the Portuguese Program. She is going to pick up Portuguese like nobody's business- I am so proud of my mission mommy!  Sister Zickella will be my new companion! I am really excited for that! A lot of other companionships in my District got changed up too. I am a little anxious for all this change, but I know that it will be good!

Halloween was great! We went to a member's house for dinner along with other families from the ward. I loved seeing all the cute costumes! So much fun! We had to be in by 7. So we went home and chilled for a while. Pretty boring. But it was nice and relaxing.

On Sunday right after sacrament meeting, I turned around and Iris was there. I was SO happy to see her! She stayed for Gospel Principles and had a lot of great things to add to the class. I was so happy that Sister Lind and I could be the answer to her prayers and that she was able to make it to church. I love being a missionary! These last 3 months have felt like a whirlwind, but it has been so good. I wouldn't change a thing. Please know that I love this gospel. I know that my Savior lives and that He loves me. He has walked in my shoes and know how I feel. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. (Sidenote- our mission president challenged us to read the Book of Mormon by January 27th! I am really excited! I just finished the BofM this week and am so happy to start over again). I

I hope everyone has a good week! Thank you for all the support! I love you all!

Love, Sister Kellie Egan

Sister Lind and I.

Happy 3 Month Mark!

My District.

No comments:

Post a Comment