Monday, February 6, 2017

Two Temples

Hello Everyone! 

This week was amazing! So good! I will give you a couple highlights! 

On Wednesday Sister McVey and I were able to go do a session in the Hartford Temple. It was amazing to be able to go inside again. I have a special place in my heart for that temple. We went with a couple women from the ward here in Madison, so it was fun to spend some time with them as well. 

On Friday we taught seminary at 6 am. It was actually a lot of fun! I haven't been to seminary in so long, but it was great! Our lesson was on John 21. Such a good chapter and I learned a lot from it. I really felt like it was applicable to my life right now! That night we had an amazing lesson. It was with one of our new investigators, Jon. He is so prepared. One of his wrestling coaches is in our ward so we all had dinner at his house along with another YM from the ward. Dinner was great and then we had our lesson! We taught the Restoration and it went really well. I could just feel the spirit so strong as we taught about how God is our loving Heavenly Father. When Sister McVey recited the first vision, it was incredible. Jon was saying some pretty amazing things throughout as we asked different questions. One of the greatest things I've learned from Sister McVey is how to ask inspired questions. She is SO good at it! At the end of the lesson she asked him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and he said, "Well, I already know it's true." UUUMMMM WHAT?! He is amazing! We are so excited to continue to meet with him and help him progress towards baptism. 

On Saturday we had a pretty amazing day. One of my favorite families in Weston got sealed in Boston. So we were able to go up to be there for it. It was amazing. This was my first live sealing that I've seen, and it was so powerful to witness it. I love this family so much- they are so inspiring to me. I felt so blessed that they invited me to be there for it. Sister Demuth also came, so it was a really good day! 

Life here is good! I love being a missionary. My life is forever changed because of my time here in New England. I love this gospel and I love my Savior. 

I hope you all have a great week! 

Love, Sister Egan

So many shells!
The Beach 
So










With Michael & Claudia 
At the Boston Temple
I love this Billboard.
We Heart-attacked our Investigators house.

No comments:

Post a Comment