Monday, November 28, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving


Hello Everyone! 

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I sure did! 

This week has been crazy! We have been really busy. 

So early last week was mostly just Sister Demuth preparing to leave. But on Tuesday we got to go to the mission home and meet the new missionaries that just came from the MTC. That night we went to the Woodworth's house for dinner and we had THANKSGIVING. They really wanted to have Sister Demuth over for Thanksgiving before she got transferred. Wow, this food was amazing. I think it was the closest thing I will be able to get to Grandma's cooking out here in NE. They went all out and it definitely reminded me of home. I wish I took a picture of the whole spread! After Dinner we picked up the new sisters and took them to our apartment to stay the night. 

On Wednesday we were in charge of bringing the new missionaries into Boston to go street contacting which is always fun. This was a fun group of missionaries! Then I got my new companion! Her name is Sister Bassett! She has been out for a year. She is a really good missionary and I really like how focused she is on the work. She knows her purpose and does work! I'm looking forward to learning from her this transfer! 

On Thursday we had breakfast at the mission home with the departing missionaries and then we went to Maureen's house (she is one of our investigators) to help her cook. We just went over and helped for a bit and hung out. It felt so much like home (from what I can remember of home haha). I just felt so comfortable and I was having so much fun! After Maureen's we went to another families house for dinner. It was a lot of fun to be with them! Their whole family was there! One of their daughters served her mission in Spokane (spanish speaking). I asked her where she served and she said that she spent most of her mission in Wenatchee- so obviously this was before there were so many missions in WA. So we had a good thanksgiving. I think I ate my fair share of turkey this year! 

On Friday we had to wake up bright and early to bring the sisters that were going home to the mission home. This group was hard to say goodbye too! A lot of my friends and people I have served with went home! We also had district meeting. That was fun with our new district! 

On Saturday I was able to go back to Glastonbury to go to Will Giard's baptism. He asked me to say the closing prayer and I was honored to go. I was serving in the area when his sister got baptized and it was so special to be there for his baptism. This family means so much to me and I love seeing them whenever I get the chance. It was also a lot of fun to see some members that I got pretty close to while I was serving there. I have so much love for that ward! 

It's hard to believe that it is nearly December. I want you all to know that I love my mission. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be out here in New England serving as a missionary. I never thought that I would be doing this, but now I can't even imagine being home. I am so grateful for this time of year to reflect on my many blessings. I love this life!

Have a wonderful week everyone! 

Love, Sister Egan

In the Elevator
                                                   Woodworth Thanksgiving- minus Sister Woodworth


Mission Office Pics




No comments:

Post a Comment