Monday, November 21, 2016

Going Preaching

Hello Everyone! 

This week was really good! We were really busy which is always nice. 

Last week we were invited to go to a Born Again Baptist Church to "preach" to them. This is not a very common request, so we got permission from President Miller to go. We brought the elders with us because everyone was really afraid for us to go by ourselves. We went and it was more of just a bible study. It was a lot of fun though! We were able to share scriptures from The Doctrine and Covenants as well as from the Book of Mormon. They all loved it! It was a great experience and we will be going back! 

On Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Marlborough Sisters. I stayed in Weston with Sister Blood and we had a lesson with one of our potential investigators. It was kind of all over the place and it was hard for Nora to stay focused. But she was really interested in our message and being baptized. She really wants the Holy Ghost. She says she's been baptized a few times but has never received the gift of the Holy Ghost. And she is searching for it! Well, we have it! So we hope to meet with her again soon! Sister Blood and I had a lot of fun together! She came into the mission in July and Sister Demuth and I took her into Boston to go street contacting. So it was fun to spend the day with her. She is a rock star missionary. Sister Blood is a hard worker and she loves being a missionary. 

On Thursday we had our Zone Conference. This was a lot of fun, as always! I love seeing so many missionaries and saying "hello" to people I've served around. Sister Miller talked at the beginning about our missions and that our missions should change us. That we need to LET the mission go through us. It's one thing serving for 18 months or 2 years and just going through the motions, but it's another thing to serve whole-heartedly that you are truly changed by your service to the Lord. During this time on our missions (and in life) we should be focusing on striving to Become like our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ. I really liked what she said! She is amazing and I feel so blessed to have her as my "mission mom".

On Friday we had district meeting and then T-texts!  So I'm getting a new companion! Her name is Sister Bassett! I don't know much about her, but I am so excited for her to come to Weston! It will be really fun! Sister Demuth is getting transferred to Bloomfield, CT. I am definitely going to miss her! 

On Saturday we had a lot of PVC stuff to get done before Sister Demuth leaves, so we've had a busy/ crazy couple days trying to organize things and prepare things for the upcoming weeks. We have a lot of events in December and will be traveling around the mission a lot! So that will be fun! 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so grateful for my mission and for the experiences I'm having here in NE. I am so grateful for my loving family back home and all the support they give me. And I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that has a plan for ME. I know He knows me and I'm so grateful for that. Remember the reason for the season! xoxo

Love,
Sister Egan

Our District
At Margarita's

No comments:

Post a Comment