Friday, October 14, 2016

I Love to See the Temple

Hello Everyone! 

What a great couple weeks it has been! I am absolutely loving being here at the Hartford Temple Open House! There is definitely something special here. So here is kind of an idea of what I'm doing while I'm here at the Open House. Throughout the day we switch off between the video tents and the reception tent. In the video tents we welcome people and introduce the 10 minute video they watch before going on their tour of the temple. I think I've watched the video over 50x now haha so Sister Demuth and I are trying to memorize it! In the reception tent is where people can go after their tour- there are different displays featuring Jesus Christ, Temples and Families. This is also where people can ask questions. This is my favorite place to be! I love answering questions and being able to teach people in such a unique and spirit-filled setting. People are loving the tours and being able to see the inside! 

This week was full of many miracles! And each day it was fun to look for even more miracles. I'm going to preface this story by first apologizing for not keeping you up to date on our different investigators in Weston! There is a lot of work going on right now! The Elders are taking over our area while we are gone. But anyway, we have an investigator named Cindy. We thought she was planning on coming to the Open House next week, but Sister Demuth and I happened to be in the reception tent and we looked over and there she was! Cindy was with her friends that are members. They all just loved to tour! Sister Demuth and I got to answer a lot of her questions and just get to know her a little bit better. Cindy's daughter died a few years ago, so the plan of salvation has been of comfort to her. Just to know that her daughter is in a good place. I am just so grateful that we just so happened to be in the reception tent at that time! Not just a coincidence. 

I also got to see Sister Giard and Gwen from Glastonbury. That made my day! I love that family and it was so fun to quickly catch up with them and see how they are doing. Sister Giard is one of the activity day leaders and Gwen is just loving church! Will is doing well. They postponed his baptism for a little bit. He was feeling a lot of pressure, but I know one day it will happen. They are just an amazing family and I feel so blessed to know them.

So life is good! The temple is so beautiful- I wish you all could be here to see it! 

I love you! Thank you for your love and support! 

Love, Sister Egan

No comments:

Post a Comment