Monday, October 24, 2016

Finished at the Temple

Hello Everyone! 

So I'm officially back from the temple open house. It really was one of the greatest and fulfilling experiences of my life! I loved just being able to be at the temple all day, and I loved being able to talk to so many people and answer so many questions. On saturday (the last day of the open house) we were in the reception tent and a woman came up to me and told me that she was really interested in our religion. I got talking with her and I was able to bear my testimony on how the community of church is such a blessing and that when we come together we are able to learn from one another and strengthen our own faith. This woman is golden. She is going to be meeting with the missionaries soon! The temple really touches the hearts of those that enter! It will be really interesting to see how the work will progress in that area! Over 51,000 people went to the temple during the open house! 

Another favorite part of being at the temple was seeing people from my previous areas! I saw so many people that I absolutely LOVE! I am so grateful for everyone that I have met since being on my mission. There are people that I have met that I can't imagine living the rest of my life without knowing. I also believe that people come in our paths for specific reasons- and that makes me so happy! 

So on Sunday we drove back to Weston! As fun as the temple was, it is great to be back! Back in our own beds, our own car. ... but not a key to our apartment. So we had to give our key to the AP's so the new sisters coming into the mission could stay at our apartment a couple weeks ago while we were at the temple. Last week, we met one of the new sisters that stayed in our apartment at the temple and she asked if we had found our key yet. Umm, what? Haha then she told us that the APs couldn't find our key. We then proceeded to call the AP's and sure enough- they lost our keys. So when we came back yesterday we had to break into our apartment. That was fun! Oh the adventures of missionary life. We are still working on getting one haha.

Today for Pday we went to Boston! We went to the aquarium! It was really fun! 

Life is good! 

Love you all! 

Sister Egan











No comments:

Post a Comment