Monday, September 5, 2016

Another Busy Week in Weston

Hello Everyone! 

Another busy week in Weston! 

On Tuesday we went to the airport and picked up the new missionaries! We welcomed 23 new missionaries into the Massachusetts Boston Mission! So fun! We brought them back to the Miller's house and we all had dinner and they got a lot of training! It was great to meet them all! They all seem like great missionaries! 

On Wednesday we brought the new missionaries into Boston to go street contacting! We took one group to Harvard Square, which was a perfect way to break em in! The first thing they noticed was the traffic.... it was terrible that day! They said that the drivers are crazy... which is true. I've gotten so used to it now... I think I am becoming a Boston driver. Which probably isn't the best thing haha. That day they got their trainers and we got to see a lot of missionaries! I got to see Sister Ross because she is training! I am so proud of her! This was the first time I have seen her in 3 months- so it was great to see one of my previous companions! 

Thursday was crazy! I don't really have time to go into details, but long story short, we ended up having to take the departing missionaries to the temple for an endowment session. Sister Demuth and I were able to participate in sealings and then we were able to do a lot of initiatories. It was really cool. I love being in the temple! 

On Friday we had our first district meeting with our new district. We have 2 "greenies" in our district and it is so fun! We had a great DM and learned a lot from each other! 

On Saturday we went to a baptism in Bloomfield, CT and then stayed in CT the rest of the day to set up for a chapel tour in Ellington. It was a long day, but it turned out to be really good. I am loving the PVC and being able to travel the mission. It is a really special calling.

On Sunday after church we had interviews with President Miller. I am really thankful for his inspiration and leadership in the mission. Yesterday we were able to reflect on the last year and how far each of us have come. I am very thankful to be in this mission. This week I thought a lot about that, how I am where I need to be. There is a reason I was called to the MBM. I cannot imagine serving my mission anywhere else. To me, it is a testimony that God knows us personally. He knows what we need and when we need it. 

I love this gospel. I am loving my mission! Great things are happening here in New England and I feel so blessed to be a part of it! 

I love you all! Have a great week! 
Love, 
Sister Egan




No comments:

Post a Comment